Pre existing condition...health insurance .........?

I want to have the lap band surgery done. I have been looking at different insurance companies and they all state they will not pay for pre existing conditions. My question is.....


Would it be a pre existing condition if I have been over weight for a few years? I have no known health problem related to being over weight that im aware of.... So would health insurance not cover it or will they?


Hope you can understand what im asking... =)

Try the Michael Thurmond makeover diet. It's cheaper than surgery and I lost 15% of my body weight on the diet and I only had a BMI of 27. Lost 10 pounds in the first week alone. It's amazing what eating right and exercising do. Avoid dairy, avoid sugars, bread, etc...

It's either that or pay for the surgery out of pocket.

Yes, if you're overweight, it's a preexisting condition. If you're overweight enough to NEED lap band, you're most likely not going to get a private insurance company to accept you.

And if you're NOT morbidly obese, you're not heavy enough for major abdominal surgery that has a REAL chance of killing you, just from the surgery.

Sorry, but if you are a candidate for lap band, i.e. having a BMI greater than 40, you will be over the height and weight guidelines of every individual plan, which usually will not accept anyone with a BMI greater than 35. Your only option would be to get on a group policy through an employer. However, many group plans are removing the coverage from the plan.

I would like to suggest you get as much information as you could before taking action,here

http://www.HealthInsuranceIdeas.info

is a good place for that.