Using Debit Card to purchase a $2 dollar item?

Before anything; I bank with Wells Fargo.

So I have this debit card, and I went to 7-Eleven to purchase 2 items that in total were ~ $2.00; will there be an "extra fee" for purchasing something of that amount?

And if so, how much will that "extra fee" be?

Thanks.

Well, there wont' be any fee of any sort charged on the end of Wells Fargo, I can promise you that. If you want to, you can charge a penny to your debit card, they are fee free on the bank's end. The only charge would be if 7-Eleven said they'll charge you a "convenience fee" if your purchase less than a certain amount. Firstly, they tack this on to your total, not the backend. Secondly, this is a violation of their merchant processing agreement, and 7-Eleven is too big to commit such a violation.

All in all, you won't be seeing any additional fees! Charge as little as you want. I hope this helps!

My rule of thumb has been if it costs under 20.00 don't use the card. You can't afford it.