Should I cancel my health care insurance?

I was just enrolled and have til tomorrow to cancel or change plans or else I'm locked in for a year...Basically I was reading the small print and a) I only get 3 visits/year which I didn't know will include dental/vision so between a general exam, dentist visit and eye care visit, that already uses up my 3 vists so if I get sick in the next 3 months I would have to pay my $4500 deductible before my benefits kick in! It's with Blue Shield so if I cancel with them I don't know if I will find other good providers (in CA).

There's a catch with each plan they offer. If I choose low deductible, the monthly premium sky-rockets. If I choose a relatively similar cost plan with more visits, it doesn't cover dental or vision. It just sucks, it's like I can't find anything that suits my needs. Any suggestions?

Hmmm if you develop cancer 6 months from now and your medical bills are $200,000 a month do you think that you would still act so ridiculous and pretend as if the insurance doesn't cover anything because you cant get lab/x-rays covered ???? Wow The most important part of insurance is that it is supposed to cover you if something major happens not if you have a couple of $200 tests.

Right. With health insurance, you get EXACTLY what you pay for. Want more coverage? Then you have to pay more. Cheap coverage = cheap plan. Period. There's no "magic" plan that gives you $1000 a month coverage for $50. It doesn't exist.

My suggestion, is plug in all your medical expenses from LAST year, and figure out which way will cost you less, if you do the same thing this year that you did last year.