Want advice on how to move to the bay area or the LA basin after college (10 points)?

I currently live in Modesto, CA and I will be starting college in January. My goal is to transfer from Modesto Junior College to the University Of California - Santa Barbara and major in Economics and Accounting. I am from a poor family so I will have to get through college by financial aid, loans, and working. My current plan is to come back to Modesto after college and get an accounting job for a couple years until i save up enough to move to the bay area or LA area and get a job as an accountant or financial analyst. Is there any other ways to do this? Could I get a loan to get an apartment etc in the LA area or Bay area right out of college to pay my expenses until I can get a good job and pay everything off?

Paul, it's great that you are thinking ahead. I would suggest you get a college credit card to start your credit rating, pay it off in full each month, Who knows what the housing market will be in LA in the next 4-5 years, right now apartments are going cheap. So get your credit life in order, graduate and the world will be yours. Best of luck to you.

I am glad you are thinking ahaead.

The housing in Bay area or LA basin is so expensive. It would take a lot of income to afford it.You could live in the cheap area, build up cash.

I want you to live in house that you could see as a blessed not nightmare. What I mean is, if the house is 600k, how much your income is 300k?

I want you to live in the place that you could enjoy your life. Not stressful to make end needs.

Did you learn any thing in the housing crisis in California, Nevada, Florida.
People buy houses that they can't afford. In the end, you are the one are hurting.
You are a smart guy. saving as much as you can, living under your mean,( find cheap place) , who care what people think. And Invest wisely. When opportunity knock, you could buy the house that you are able to enjoy, less mortage is the better.
Can you imagine living in America without house payment, car notes?
You live like a king, don't you?